Follow Us
Epaper Saturday, December 04, 2021


Young Laborer Electrocuted

September 04, 2021 09:26 AM

Giddarbaha, Last night a young laborer died due to electrocution from an electric pole at the Puri Wala gate of Giddarbaha. According to the information received, Khushpreet Singh, aged about 18 years, son of Mangu Singh used to work as a laborer and was engaged in loading special goods train at Giddarbaha railway station at around 9 pm last night. Khushpreet was on his way back home on Lulbai Road after being off from work along with his other companions, when a train arrived and the Peori phatak closed. When Khushpreet Singh and his companions started waiting for the gate to open, during this time Khushpreet Singh's hand touched the iron electric pole near the gate, due to which Khushpreet Singh got a strong shock due to electrocution and he fell there. Khushpreet's companions immediately took him to the civil hospital with the help of Shaminder Singh Manga of Shri Vivek Ashram, where Dr. Ankush, the duty doctor present on the spot, declared Khushpreet Singh dead.
Even though the at the age of only 18 years, the deceased Khushpreet Singh was the only means of livelihood for his family. Khushpreet's father is not able to work due to some illness, whereas his ailing father Mangu Singh, mother Kiran Rani, 15 year old sister Pooja Rani and 10 year old brother Gursewak Singh are left in the family and the financial condition of the house is very pathetic.
Council President assured of help - On getting information about the accident, City Council President Binta Arora assured all possible help to the victim's family. On this occasion, along with him, Deputy President of the council Lakhwinder Singh Lakha, former councilor Bittu Sachdeva and social worker Binder Bansal were also present.

Have something to say? Post your comment