Follow Us
Epaper Friday, July 19, 2024

National

This case should be treated as "murder", says Shivesena UBT Aaditya Thackeray on Worli hit and run case

July 10, 2024 05:30 PM

Mumbai : Shiv Sena (UBT) leader Aaditya Thackeray on Wednesday met the family of the deceased in the Worli hit-and-run case and later said that this incident should be treated as "murder" instead of "hit and run case".


After his meeting, Aaditya Thackeray addressed media persons and said, "Worli case should be seen as a murder case and not a hit and run case. I met the family. The accident was so terrible that only a monster could do that."


Raising questions on government, Thackeray stated, "Will the Chief Minister run a bulldozer on Mihir Rajesh Shah's house? He drove the car for 2 km."
Hitting out at Rajesh Shah, the father of the accused, he said, "Rajesh Shah has been removed from the post, but not from the party. Will the Chief Minister run a bulldozer on his house?


He further took it to a social media post on X and wrote, "Met Nakhawa family today. On this occasion, Congress MLA Aslam Sheikh, former corporator Hemangi Worlikar, and sub-divisional chief Harish Worlikar were with him. The incident with the Kaveritai and Nakhawa families is horrible. Such a terrible murder has never happened in Mumbai. This is not a type of hit-and-run case, but a murder. The accused Mihir Rajesh Shah must be severely punished in this case. Will the bulldozer roll over his house?"


Earlier in the day, after the key accused in the Worli hit-and-run case Mihir Shah was arrested by the Mumbai Police, Rajesh Shah, father of the accused has been removed from the post of the Deputy leader of Shivsena.


His removal from the post came after instructions from the Chief Minister of Maharashtra Eknath Shinde. Earlier today, the opposition parties had urged the Maharashtra government to ensure the main accused in the hit-and-run case, Mihir Shah should not be given leniency or evade punishments due to his father's association with Eknath Shinde's Shiv Sena party.


Mihir Shah, the son of the political leader Rajesh Shah, is the main accused in the hit-and-run case, which led to the death of a 45-year-old woman who has been identified as Kaveri Nakhwa. Rajesh Shah has been sent to police custody till July 16 by a Mumbai court.


Shiv Sena (UBT) leader and MP Sanjay Raut alleged that efforts to save the accused in the Worli hit-and-run case had started from day one. Speaking to ANI, Sanjay Raut said, "Efforts are being made by the government to save the accused. This is not an ordinary case of hit-and-run; it is a similar case to what happened in Pune."


"You can check the criminal records of the father of the accused... The Mumbai Police will now have to investigate his association with an underworld gang and how is he able to afford his properties and such fancy cars. How did he become a close aide to the CM? Also needs to be exposed," he added.


Meanwhile, a Mumbai court on Tuesday extended the police custody of Rajesh Shah's driver, Rajrishi Singh Bidawat in the case until July 11. As per officials, Shah's driver, Bidawat, was with Mihir Shah, when the luxury car hit and killed Kaveri Nakhwa (45) and injured her husband.


Mihir Shah was arrested on Tuesday from VIrar. He had been absconding after he was involved in the hit-and-run case on July 7. Fourteen teams were formed by the Mumbai police to nab him.

Have something to say? Post your comment